Ohio Valley Hutchinson Bell Chapter Scholarship to Florida College
In order to help qualified students attend Florida College, the Ohio Valley Chapter of the Hutchinson Bell (OVCHB) works to offer scholarships. The number of scholarships and the dollar amounts of each will be determined by availability of funds. Students receiving the scholarships will be chosen by a committee based upon the information provided on this application form. Access to the information on the application will be limited to members of the scholarship committee. The committee reserves the right to consult with others, but its decision will be regarded as final. In selecting scholarship recipients and determining the amounts of the awards, the committee uses the following guidelines:
1. GEOGRAPHICAL BOUNDARIES Special consideration will be given to students from the area served by the Ohio Valley Chapter.
2. CHARACTER Only students of high moral character will be considered. References are required for new applicants. A scholarship may be forfeited if the recipient is suspended from Florida College for disciplinary reasons.
3. SCHOLASTIC STANDING Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated outstanding scholastic performance in high school and/or college, including ACT or SAT scores. While a minimum grade point average is not required, committee members will consider the rigor of classes, grades and college-readiness exam scores.
4. FINANCIAL NEED The degree of an applicant's financial need is a key component in awarding scholarships. Information requested regarding financial need is necessary to the selection process and must be submitted.
5. CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP To apply for an OVCHB scholarship you and/or your immediate family must be members of the OVCHB. You may join at http://www.ohiovalleychapterofthehutchinsonbell.org/membership.
In addition to the application form, the applicant is responsible for submitting the follwoing:
High school and/or college transcript (scan and attach)
Two letters of recommendation from non-family members, including one from a school teacher or administrator. If you have received a scholarship from the OVCHB in the past, you do not need to submit two letters of recommendation. It is recommended that you follow up on these letters to make sure they are submitted either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the attention of OVCHB Scholarships, 9791 Oxbow Trail, Evendale, OH 45241 by the deadline. By submitting your application, you waive your right to review reference letters.
Short essay. The student must submit a one page essay (approx. 300 words) explaining why he/she wishes to attend Florida College and what he/she hopes to gain from his/her experience there. If you are a returning student, please include what Florida College means to you and the value of your Florida College experience. This should be attached to your application.
Applications are due no later than July 13, 2019. Please see the application on how to submit you application paperwork.
TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PLEASE CLICK HERE